[SOLVED] Autorun an ALT+F2 Command

Forum rules
Before you post please read this

[SOLVED] Autorun an ALT+F2 Command

Postby fallofshadows on Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:52 pm

Hey folks,

I've been using KDE's Plasma Desktop underneath of the Gnome 3 shell (the combination is perfect, IMO) but that requires me to hit alt+F2 and type "plasma-desktop" at startup. Obviously this isn't a big deal, but it'd be nice if the computer would just do it for my automatically on startup. Does anyone know how to do this? I googled, but found nothing useful.

Thanks!
Last edited by fallofshadows on Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fallofshadows
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Autorun an ALT+F2 Command

Postby wlake on Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:26 am

fallofshadows wrote:Hey folks,

I've been using KDE's Plasma Desktop underneath of the Gnome 3 shell (the combination is perfect, IMO) but that requires me to hit alt+F2 and type "plasma-desktop" at startup. Obviously this isn't a big deal, but it'd be nice if the computer would just do it for my automatically on startup. Does anyone know how to do this? I googled, but found nothing useful.

Thanks!

If you want it to start everytime, you can open a terminal and type
gnome-session-properties.
Then click the Add button, give it a title and for the command use plasma-desktop. Logout and login.

Also here's a link from OMG ubuntu http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2011/05/how- ... ntu-unity/. They do it with scripts and it's for unity, but should work the same for gnome shell.
wlake
Level 2
Level 2

Re: Autorun an ALT+F2 Command

Postby fallofshadows on Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:08 pm

Thanks, that's exactly what I wanted!
fallofshadows
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Others