Cairo Dock in Mate

Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help

Cairo Dock in Mate

Postby misswham on Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:09 am

I just downloaded Cairo Dock from the Synaptic Manager and its there, it just is invisible. When i tried to click something in the panel at the bottom, something else comes up and it dawned on me it was something on the cairo dock that was invisible. I right clicked on the regular panel trying to access a minimized window and the cairo dock options showed up. So its THERE, it just is invisible where i CANT see it. I have Cinnamon on my laptop and the cairo dock from the synatpic manager works fine. How can i get it to show up in mate?
misswham
Level 2
Level 2

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Cairo Dock in Mate

Postby veganpete on Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:18 pm

Maybe you're running a version of Cairo dock that needs a composite renderer? I ran into the same problem with AWN dock. There used to be 2 versions of cairo dock that get instaled as I remember ('open gl' and 'no open gl'). One works without composite!

I'm fiddling about with mine now and got AWN to work with compiz but now have problems now with clashing themes. There is an alternative compositer to compiz which worked for me but lacks the extra features of compiz.
veganpete
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Cairo Dock in Mate

Postby ardchoille on Sat Jul 28, 2012 3:18 pm

If you get fed up with the problems in AWN and Cairo dock, try Docky. I have my system set up to look like a mac and Docky works great.
Linux user/coder/themer since 2001.
ardchoille
Level 1
Level 1

Return to MATE