How to activate mintmenu in Mate?

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
DrTeeth

How to activate mintmenu in Mate?

Post by DrTeeth »

Hi,

I installed Linux Mint 14 RC Cinnamon and then installed Mate. Both DTs are working well except that I do not have mintmenu showing by default under Mate. The furthest I have got is by finding out that it was not installed and them installing it. In spite of Googling and searching this forum, I am no closer to achieving this. Mate is no good to me with out mintmenu - I hate the default Gnome 2 layout. Can somebody please help point me in the right direction?

Thanks

DrT
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
michaelg14

Re: How to activate mintmenu in Mate?

Post by michaelg14 »

Not sure what you need but have you tried right clicking on the bottom panel and selecting /Add to Panel/Mint Menu?
DrTeeth

Re: How to activate mintmenu in Mate?

Post by DrTeeth »

Thank you very much, that nailed it. If one is installing and adding to panel in one step; one needs to install and logout before adding to the panel as otherwise the mintmenu will not show up. Some items get added to a taskbar immediately and some need a logout and login to see them.

This was not required in Mint 13...I wonder why it was deemed worthy of changing for LM 14?

Cheers

DrT

Return to “MATE”