HOME DIRECTORY/DESKTOP ICONS (TRASH-NETWORK-ETC.) [SOLVED]

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
mcurran

HOME DIRECTORY/DESKTOP ICONS (TRASH-NETWORK-ETC.) [SOLVED]

Post by mcurran »

I changed my default home directory to a diferent directory, and I get my home folder and computer icon, but I'm missing my Trash Icon and my Network icon. Also, I cannot seem to get rid of my desktop from showing the Mounted Volumes as well. I've tried editing in gconf-editor (when it doesn't crash on me) and the selections there have no effect, even though they did on a previous install.

Does anyone have any ideas on a package I can reinstall that would restore my default icons? I deleted /home/<username>/Desktop, so copying any hidden configuration files from there is not an option for me... Oh, almost forgot, I'm running LMDE mate.

I solved this issue, by editing the relative options in gconf-editor, dconf-editor, and mateconf-editor. Probably will just work by using whatever one or so of these editor packages are included/installed by default. I just did a search (Ctrl+F) and looked for either "Desktop" and then "Volumes" to find the relative keys and then clicked on what I wanted, and then unchecked whatever I didn't want included on my desktop. Of course there's a more manual way, but I didn't get that deep into it. Also, I ran each of these *-editor package UI's from a normal user shell, and then again under a root shell, just in case.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
TheDynamicHamza21
Level 5
Level 5

Re: HOME DIRECTORY (changed) > No Icons (Network and Trash)

Post by TheDynamicHamza21 »

Using the Desktop settings (menu>preferences>desktop settings) has no effect?
Linux Registered User: # 573034

Hamza21.com

Return to “MATE”