How to get open applications to show in panel?

How to get open applications to show in panel?

Postby kneops on Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:15 am

In my previous installation of LM I had my application icons in my only panel at the top of the screen, together with the activated applications. This way I could easily switch between applications on the same desktop. But now those open applications don't show up. How can I get them back? Switching using alt-tab is an option, but not very user-friendly and I can't drop an image on top of (opened) Gimp for example.
kneops
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: How to get open applications to show in panel?

Postby TheDynamicHamza21 on Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:04 pm

From my experience some applications will display an icon in the notification area and others won't. Unfortunately I haven't discovered a way to mimic the behavior of Ubuntu 10.04 where all applications will be displayed in the notification area and/or panel. I guess it's one those things not ported over to MATE from Gnome 2.

Also I just tried with Gimp 2.8.4. Drag and drop works on my system. I'm not sure why it doesn't work on yours. Maybe you need to reinstall Gimp,may not work but it won't hurt to try.
Linux Registered User: # 573034

www.domeshotsandfatlaces.com
TheDynamicHamza21
Level 5
Level 5

Re: How to get open applications to show in panel?

Postby kneops on Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:32 pm

Drag and drop works in Gimp, but I used to drag an image to the panel and onto the field with the opened gimp application, but that isn't there anymore. Sadly enough.
kneops
Level 1
Level 1

Return to MATE