How to change lock dialog theme?

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Drink_More_Seltzer

How to change lock dialog theme?

Post by Drink_More_Seltzer »

Hi-

I have searched around a bit for this, and haven't really had any success, so I hoped the forums could help.

I would like to change the lock screen dialog theme. Ideally, I would like to change it something thematically consistent with my login theme. Minimally, I would like to change it something simpler than the default.

It seems that this setting can be changed using configuration editor (or a text editor) to change the "lock_dialog_theme" option in mate-screensaver's config, but I do not know where to get themes, or how to install them (I found some for gnome-screensaver, but these seem to be in the incorrect file format).

Any help that can be provided will be much appreciated!

Thanks!

edit: I should mention this is mint 14, running mate
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
shantak

Re: How to change lock dialog theme?

Post by shantak »

i wish you can understand me, i'm just know a little of your lenguaje.

i'm runing linux mint 13 maya mate, i just change the lock screen, i think it will be similar in mint 14 mate, go to "/usr/share/backgrounds/" open it with administrator privileges..then it will be some folders, then i put an image into the folder "linuxmint-maya" in your case it could be "linuxmint-nadya", create a link to the new image and rename it to "default_background", cut that image and replace the one in the folder "linuxmint". Now you have to change the owner of the link and the image file, change the owner name to your user/acount name. and thas all, i assume you know how to change the privileges, but if you don't --- right click in the file, properties, permissions. ; you have to do this as root.

Note: i use a jpg image, not a png like the original images in the directory.
001.jpg
please forgive me for my bad english.
Lew_Rockwell_Fan

Re: How to change lock dialog theme?

Post by Lew_Rockwell_Fan »

You could just try other screensavers. They aren't so tightly integrated that there is any real problem with that.

Return to “MATE”