Edit the menu

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Dodeca

Edit the menu

Post by Dodeca »

Hello all ...

As the title goes ... looking for some editing the menu a bit more than alacarte provides.

I have tried to create a new menu item ( that worked ) and then TRIED to add programs to be listed inside the new menu item.

I have tried a drag-n-drop when using alacarte ... does not work ... moves my program to "other" catagory.

I am running mate 13

Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
TheDynamicHamza21
Level 5
Level 5

Re: Edit the menu

Post by TheDynamicHamza21 »

I had no problems creating a new menu item nor adding to it using the mintmenu. Maybe you should give the mint menu a try.
Linux Registered User: # 573034

Hamza21.com
Dodeca

Post by Dodeca »

TheDynamicHamza21 wrote:I had no problems creating a new menu item nor adding to it using the mintmenu. Maybe you should give the mint menu a try.
OK ... honest answer ...

My process that failed ...

Left click to on menu button to open menu
Click the all applications button on favorites

any left click will launch the app
any right click will open options like ...add to desktop,add to panel,show in favorites.

??? HOW do I add an application to this menu ... drag-n-drop DOES not work

So ... how do you ADD to the main menu ... besides giong thru an "application install process"

Thanks !
TheDynamicHamza21
Level 5
Level 5

Post by TheDynamicHamza21 »

Well I never used alacarte so I don't how help you there but hopefully this helps.

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/edit-syste ... /#comments

Using the mintmenu (mozo) all you need to do is right click the menu button,choose edit menu> then add "New Menu" then "New Item" to add a new category or to just add a new item toa category click on the category and choose new item. I believe, alacarte and mozo are very similar in this regard,I'm not sure why it doesn't work on your system.
Linux Registered User: # 573034

Hamza21.com

Return to “MATE”