Right click menu

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
x00

Right click menu

Post by x00 »

Is it possible to change the default offset between the mouse pointer and a right-click menu windows? I would like a bit more padding between the pointer and the menu (obviously before you move it).

Also it would be good if there was a bit of space before the first item in the menu.

This is not essential, but make using it more accessible for me.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: Right click menu

Post by xenopeek »

Well, I don't think you can easily configure that in MATE. It is open source, so you could change the source code to achieve this effect, but that's probably not what you want.

Other desktop environments also open the context menu with the corner at the position of the mouse cursor. They might be a bit more spacious? I don't have MATE installed right now, but on KDE it at least looks spacious. Here is a snapshot of the context menu from a KDE application (click to zoom):
Perhaps it just looks more spacious :wink: I'm comparing it to Cinnamon on my main desktop and that looks less spacious.
x00

Re: Right click menu

Post by x00 »

yes MATE is nice but interface maturity has a lot of nuances. I program, but like pure programmers, I am crap at UX.

KDE looks nice, I'm not sure I would use all the apps though just the interface.

In fact I use vey few of the the MATE ones, it just doesn't have a trillion :D

Return to “MATE”