Absolutely LOVE MATE!

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
heimdall

Absolutely LOVE MATE!

Post by heimdall »

I just registered here to express my absolute gratitude and support for the MATE team! I love this desktop environment and it is by far the most stable (and usable) of the current desktop environments that I use. Thanks for all your hard work!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: Absolutely LOVE MATE!

Post by xenopeek »

The Linux Mint developers work closely with the MATE developers and continue to have a role in the MATE team. Linux Mint was the first distro to have a separate MATE distribution release. MATE is important to Linux Mint! But really, spread some love also the MATE developers :wink: They are here: http://mate-desktop.org/
os2x

Post by os2x »

The same here! I would say Mint is making a bunch of converts from Windows to Linux Mate. I first tried LXDE Mate
and it was fast and stable. I thought I'd try one up which was Mint Nadia and it works good and is almost as fast as
Mate.

-Dennis
DaComboMan

Post by DaComboMan »

+ 1

Cinnamon has much improved but MATE is so much lighter (and faster) !
graeme

Post by graeme »

I agree.

Mate can be configured to use less screen space than Unity (using the Window Picker and Maximus) and it remains configurable (unlike Unity). It is light, fast and reliable. With a bit of themeing it looks cool. I use Kupfer as my launcher and have top and side panels and everything is a click or a few keystrokes away.

In the long run Cinnamon will match its features and provide a bit of eye candy, but right now MATE does exactly what I want.

Return to “MATE”