Menu item up/down problem

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
rik_rs

Menu item up/down problem

Post by rik_rs »

Mint 13 + Mate, 32bit.
Right click on menu button -> Edit.
I move an item in the top position of the Internet menu. That works.
Close.
Click on menu button: the item is shown regardless of the position before mentioned.
Logout/login: The same.
Restart: The same.
What is the procedure to order the items in a menu (if one exists)?

PS: I was lookign for a solution on the forum, but the search function is a little bit weird.
e.g. "menu item order", "menu item move order ", , "menu item up down order ", all result in:
"The following words in your search query were ignored because they are too common words"
Sorry about that... I'll try some more esotic/esoteric sentences to please the god of the search, such as: "menu abracadabra order espelliemus!" :lol:
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: Menu item up/down problem

Post by xenopeek »

The function for that also doesn't work on MATE 1.6 (as comes with Linux Mint 15). I believe the mintMenu just always shows items sorted. So if you want to change the order, rename :)

The search function can be a bit limiting, due to that just not being very good we have limited it. Else it would drain performance for others :( You can just use your regular Internet search engine (Yahoo!, DDG, Google, etc.) also to search the forums. Just add the term "site:linuxmint.com" to restrict search results to the linuxmint.com domain (or do "site:forums.linuxmint.com" for even tighter restricting). So for example "menu item order site:linuxmint.com".
rik_rs

Post by rik_rs »

Thanks Xenopeek.
Ok for the menu, so I can stop searching. I'll do the same I do in nautilus: prefixing with numbers for those few items I need on top.

Ok for the search function. I was kidding. I can imagine the hits should be impressive, in fact sometimes the forum looks frozen. Maybe could help splitting the forum with the Main Edition section on a dedicated Forum/Hosting.
It's a quite huge/busy forum.
Total posts 697335 • Total topics 123469 • Total members 94280
235 users online
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Post by xenopeek »

We just upgraded the servers around January, and added more servers :| Server admins are aware of it, it will get some more attention soon to fix the forum lag.

Return to “MATE”