How to increase panel icon size

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Minterator

How to increase panel icon size

Post by Minterator »

When you increase panel size, icons do not scale proportionately. Notification tray icons do resize though. I found an app in Synaptic "gnome-color-chooser" but it doesn't seem to do it. The panel size here is 49 px. Any ideas how to get a fat Win7-type taskbar?
Screenshot.png
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
TheDynamicHamza21
Level 5
Level 5

Re: How to increase panel icon size

Post by TheDynamicHamza21 »

As far as I know the Mate Panel can only increase so far and icons don't scale properly. Also even though Mate is based on gnome 2 mate is not Gnome 2 nor Gnome 3 and many programs don't work for Mate DE.
Linux Registered User: # 573034

Hamza21.com
Lew_Rockwell_Fan

Re: How to increase panel icon size

Post by Lew_Rockwell_Fan »

Minterator wrote:When you increase panel size, icons do not scale proportionately.
I'd try making your own icons and scale them to the size you need with GIMP.
Minterator wrote: The panel size here is 49 px. Any ideas how to get a fat Win7-type taskbar?
I may not follow you there but if your font size is big enough to keep the "tasks" from stacking up on top of each other the result looks a lot like your windows pic. I use a lower panel as a taskbar. Both my panels are 50 pixels high. See attachment. If your rig is like mine it will look a lot clearer if you open it in another tab or even better download it and look at it with a picture viewer.

Return to “MATE”