cannot start xserver

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
kaykav

cannot start xserver

Post by kaykav »

Hi
Graphics problem: Running linux 13. Two weeks ago I booted and got my usual bios startup but with pairs of vertical lines. So I bought a new video card,a little more performance
and DVI not AVG. The lines went away. All the time I lost my graphics,even before I replaced the card. The Xserver could not see any screens. I have a cd-rom with the new drivers but can't get to use it. I've been looking for a solution to no avail. What can I do to get the server or GUI back. Even a cd with Linux13 (to reinstall) does no-good;no graphics' I do have a console,but now what? Thank you
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
catweazel
Level 19
Level 19

Re: cannot start xserver

Post by catweazel »

If your CPU is an Intel and supports it has Intel graphics built in, disbale the onboard video in your machine's BIOS.
"There is, ultimately, only one truth -- cogito, ergo sum -- everything else is an assumption." - Me, my swansong.
kaykav

Re: cannot start xserver

Post by kaykav »

Ok Went to bios. Gave me 3 chioces. PCI ; PCI-E ; Onboard. Onboard didn't work (Black screen) . Had to remove cmos batt to reset. PCI doesn't work either. Problem still exists.
If I put a new hard-drive in, would that get me some graphics?

Return to “MATE”