Mate 1.6 - cant set theme for root

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
drcasper

Mate 1.6 - cant set theme for root

Post by drcasper »

Hi,

After upgrade to MATE 1.6, I can not set theme for root. Synaptic is default gray. I tried by

Code: Select all

$ sudo mate-appearance-properties
but the setup is not applied to the apps started as sudo.

Any solutions, is this a bug?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
LinWinux
Level 4
Level 4

Re: Mate 1.6 - cant set theme for root

Post by LinWinux »

Hmmmm, perhaps this has something to do with the lack of themes? After I installed Mint 15 with Mate there were only 2 default themes available for me. I had to install others to have more options and ultimately just ended up customizing one of the default themes for myself with the customize option. Check and see how many themes show up for you in Control Panel - Appearance ...
PLEASE ... Don't respond to questions with meaningless or thoughtless comments!
PLEASE ... Help others, don't be lazy! Take a moment to mark your post SOLVED if you received a solution.
Sr. J

Re: Mate 1.6 - cant set theme for root

Post by Sr. J »

If your problem is that your user's theme and your root's theme are not the same (and it's ugly), it's because your root's folder doesn't contains the themes which were installed as user. You can solve it importing your user's themes by symbolic links:

Code: Select all

sudo ln -s ~/.themes /root/.themes
sudo ln -s ~/.icons /root/.icons
sudo ln -s ~/.fonts /root/.fonts
In this way, you can get the same theme configuration for "user" and "root".

Return to “MATE”