No icons in Panel?

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
jes-13

No icons in Panel?

Post by jes-13 »

Maybe someone has a quick answer...

I seem to have broken Mate's panels... I noticed this morning while tweaking a new install of Mint 15 w/Mate that there were no icons anymore for running applications showing on the panels. :? It is only my login, others work fine. Any suggestions for which files or settings to check would be appreciated.

Thanks
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
TheDynamicHamza21
Level 5
Level 5

Re: No icons in Panel?

Post by TheDynamicHamza21 »

jes-13 wrote:Maybe someone has a quick answer...

I seem to have broken Mate's panels... I noticed this morning while tweaking
What does that mean? What exactly did you do to change the panels? Did you reboot or logout/login your computer to see if that made a difference?

I'm not sure why this occurred but you can always reset the panels back to their default state by using:

Code: Select all

mate-panel --reset
Linux Registered User: # 573034

Hamza21.com
jes-13

Re: No icons in Panel?

Post by jes-13 »

hmmm... interesting that the mate-panel reset isn't in the man pages...

The short answer is, it solved the problem, reseting only the panels.

I did snoop around to try to figure out which file was the culprit... found /home/.../.config/dconf/user. I backed up to the one created during system install. The catch is it appears to have all the user desktop settings in it. Doing the reset on the one with the trashed panel minimized the impact.

Thanks for the help.

Return to “MATE”