Can't click title bar or min/restore/close buttons

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
1337ingDisorder
Level 2
Level 2

Can't click title bar or min/restore/close buttons

Post by 1337ingDisorder »

I'm having a werid issue.. Most of the time (but not all of the time) if I maximize a window I'm unable to click the title bar or the minimize/restore/close buttons.

I can use the title bar and top-right buttons 100% of the time with non-maximized windows, and sometimes I can use them with maximized windows, but sometimes it won't accept my click. When I click anywhere in the titlebar, my click just seems to go through the titlebar into the window below it (or desktop). The maximized window loses focus and instead of minimizing/restoring/closing, it just sits there as though it was never clicked.

Can anyone tell me how to fix this problem?

Using Mint 15 with MATE and compiz in case that helps.

Thanks!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
1337ingDisorder
Level 2
Level 2

Re: Can't click title bar or min/restore/close buttons

Extra detail: when the title-bar/buttons are not working, I can still use ALT+Drag to move the window as long as I grab it in the middle or anywhere other than the title-bar... It snaps out of maximized state, and once it's no longer maximized I am able to use the title bar as normal... It's only when it's maximized that it refuses to work properly.

Thanks
weenus500

Post by weenus500 »

I have been living with this too. Any help out there?
1337ingDisorder
Level 2
Level 2

It's been quite a while since I posted my original lament.

I notice Mint 16 has been released, hopefully this issue will be fixed in the new version.
At0mic

Post by At0mic »

1337ingDisorder wrote:Using Mint 15 with MATE and compiz in case that helps.
It does indeed, since I was having the exact same issue.

Turns out it's a bug in the version of Compiz that comes with Mint 15/Ubuntu 13.04:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/compiz/+bug/1158267

When I was using Mint 15 I ended up having to grab the Compiz packages that were available in Mint 14 and force them on instead, but they seem to have finally fixed it in Ubuntu 13.10 (and by extension Mint 16).

Return to “MATE”