[SOLVED] Lock Menus

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
hansencomputers
Level 3
Level 3

[SOLVED] Lock Menus

Post by hansencomputers »

Greetings All, and Happy Thanksgiving!
First, this is regarding the Mate Desktop Environment. My question is in regards to menus and and the Mate Panel. My desire is to lock the panels and menus so that they cannot be changed without unlocking.

I have been on a mission to convert MS Windows users, and have had good success, and a growing list of Linux users. However, I find some users are prone to make accidental changes to the Panel, and somehow to the Mint Menu. This seems to happen to older users who maybe don't have such good mouse control (I can't be sure how it happens). Also affected are the "Tray" icons (not sure what they are called in Linux).

My aim is to make the Mint Menu, the Mate Panel, and other items "Locked" so that changes must be made intentionally. If this is possible now, please let me know how to achieve this goal.

Thanks,
Mike
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Cmiller21

Re: Lock Menus

Post by Cmiller21 »

Edit : check this out: http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=206&t=101840

Return to “MATE”