Unable to reformat Flash Drive

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
knoticalnate

Unable to reformat Flash Drive

Post by knoticalnate »

I'm using Linux Mint 13 Mate (Maya) and am unable to remove a file from my thumb drive. It's a PNY 32GB flash that I believe was FAT32 but when I first booted it with Linux it somehow changed it to a 64GB NTFS. Not sure if that's a big deal or not, I don't need that much space on it but I'll take it if it's ok.

Whenever I go to delete the file it says it's un able to delete the file and not all the contents could be displayed. I've tried scouring the web for an answer but can't find anything relating to my version of Mint. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
gold_finger

Re: Unable to reformat Flash Drive

Post by gold_finger »

knoticalnate wrote:when I first booted it with Linux
Are you using the USB as a live, bootable version of Mint; or are you on a computer with Mint 13 installed to the hard drive and you are having problems with the PNY USB you plugged into it?
knoticalnate wrote: It's a PNY 32GB flash ... it somehow changed it to a 64GB
That's not possible.
Pierre
Level 21
Level 21

Re: Unable to reformat Flash Drive

Post by Pierre »

somehow changed it to a 64GB NTFS
that seems more like a file table allocation error.
- have you installed Gparted & can that see the usb drive at all?.
& what size does it say that the usb drive actually is?.
Please edit your original post title to include [SOLVED] - when your problem is solved!
and DO LOOK at those Unanswered Topics - - you may be able to answer some!.

Return to “MATE”