Wrong icon for menu button

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
bredstein

Wrong icon for menu button

Post by bredstein »

I have a Mint 15 with MATE on an older Dell E521 AMD64 machine. Yesterday I was playing with the menu preferences (brought by the right click). I removed the text MENU, and was going to change the icon: I replaced the wheel with the Mint logo. I should have stopped there, but for some reason I decided to try more image files in the same folder. I noticed that the one with a logo that worked was a PNG image. Then I tried a mint-logo.SVG, and the button became ridiculously wide (see attachment) and unresponsive. These stripes of white and green are recognizable sections of a standard logo. The question is how to bring everything back. If I rename the mint-logo.SVG file, the menu button shrinks back and a blank image icon appears, but menu is still unclickable. Tried to apt-get remove mintmenu, then apt-get install it, doesn't work, the same problem. ALT+F1 works fine. And yes, I see mintMenu in Add panels list, but when I choose it, it doesn't go to the panel. ANy ideas are welcome. Thank you!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
caribriz

Re: Wrong icon for menu button

Post by caribriz »

Hi bredstein,

If you can open a terminal, enter:

Code: Select all

mintmenu --reset
press enter

(or press Alt+F2 and enter the same command)

May have to logout/in (Ctrl+Alt+backspace) to see any change.

Return to “MATE”