power managment missing after upgrade to Petra

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
UeB

power managment missing after upgrade to Petra

Post by UeB »

I just upgraded Linux Mint Mate from Olivia to Petra. Now I cannot find the power managnet options anymore. You know: where to set after how many minutes the sceen should turn black and so on.

I also had an icon on my costom panel to disable the turning off of the screen so I can watch longer youtube videos without power managment interfearing. This icon simply dissapeared. I tried to add "inhibit applet" to my panel - it seem to be what I had before - but I simply cannot add it. When I try nothing happens: no error it simply does not appear on the pannel. When I to try to add other applets like a clock or this stupid fish it works.

I also had the trash bin directly on this pannel. It also dissappeard and I do not know how to add it again. The trash folder itself is still there I can reach it by clicking on menu and the it is there under "places" but I would like to have it back on the pannel.

Thans a lot in advace for any help

Moritz
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
UeB

Re: power managment missing after upgrade to Petra

Post by UeB »

Ok I am doing some shameless push:

I still think my engery options are just gone. I went through every application in the menu and while stuff like screensaver options are there the energy options are not. Also no application comes up when I type "engery" in the search field in the menu.

So anybody has any idea how to bring the energy saving options back?
TheDynamicHamza21
Level 5
Level 5

Post by TheDynamicHamza21 »

Power management should be in the Screensaver application (mate-screensaver-preferences). I know that petra use gsettings thus it may removed your power management application.
Linux Registered User: # 573034

Hamza21.com
UeB

Post by UeB »

The problem seem to be solved. I just needed to install the mate power management package with synaptic. Apparently it was somehow removed during the upgrade process.
For some reason I was absolutely sure something small as the "power management preferences" cannot be a stand alone application so I did not look immediately into the repository.

So sorry I have bothered you with this.

Return to “MATE”