Resize items on favorites menu panel?

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Hoser Rob
Level 20
Level 20

Resize items on favorites menu panel?

Post by Hoser Rob »

Running mint 16 MATE. When I bring up the favorites window on the Mate menu/start (or whatever you call it) button on the left of the main panel, the items are much bigger then necessary. And I can't see any way to resize them.

I actually use KDE mostly but MATE runs better on my netbook, and I guess I'm used to being able to configure everything ... though that can get annoying too ...
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong - H. L. Mencken
austin.texas
Level 20
Level 20

Re: Resize items on favorites menu panel?

Post by austin.texas »

RIght-click on Menu, and choose Preferences. You can adjust the size of the icons to smaller or larger.
Mint 18.2 Cinnamon, Quad core AMD A8-3870 with Radeon HD Graphics 6550D, 8GB DDR3, Ralink RT2561/RT61 802.11g PCI
Linux Linx 2018
Hoser Rob
Level 20
Level 20

Re: Resize items on favorites menu panel?

Post by Hoser Rob »

Thanks. Excellent.

I sound like an absolute noob asking such questions but as I said I'm mostly a KDE user, and there just about everything is configurable and it's generally in one place.

I'm liking Mate quite a bit on this netbook, though when I first tried it a year or so ago it wasn't nearly as fast. This is much, much better. It doesn't use much more system resources than xfce does and xfce is a bit short on features, which can really slow you down too.
For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong - H. L. Mencken

Return to “MATE”