Hot to change Marco to Awesome?

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Deric

Hot to change Marco to Awesome?

Post by Deric »

Hello world!
I find that i`m need a use a tile window manager to properly organize my multimonotor workspace, but using plain Awesome or Xmonad a little bit tricky for me. I found that i can use Awesome like a default WM in Gnome ->Fork(Gnome)=Mate - i trying to follow Gnome manuals to integrate Awesome in Mate, but nothing work. Please suggest me how to correct integrate Awesome in Mate, better like a new session. Thank you!
P.S. Anybody know WM or how to do it in Awesome - i need to run full screen applications in one of the WM frames - how to do that? Thank a lot!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
anandrkris

Re: Hot to change Marco to Awesome?

Post by anandrkris »

Cinnamon DE supports Window Tiling as well as Window Snapping. But not sure how it well would it run on multi-monitor setup. You can try it out in a Live session perhaps.
Deric

Post by Deric »

anandrkris wrote:Cinnamon DE supports Window Tiling as well as Window Snapping. But not sure how it well would it run on multi-monitor setup. You can try it out in a Live session perhaps.
Thx for reply. Cinnamon works on multi monitors system awful! Mate DE much comfortable to use! All i need it windows tile and something that can run full screen apps in separate frame\tile ...
clfarron4

Post by clfarron4 »

You realise that all the GNOME2 with awesomewm stuff is basically running awesomewm with GTK theming from GNOME2, right? It's not actually running GNOME2 with all the panels and stuff with awesomewm.

Return to “MATE”