Mint15 Mate not loading at boot

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
kcpoole

Mint15 Mate not loading at boot

Post by kcpoole »

Hi all
A few weeks ago I had a power failure and ever since, Mate will not launch at bootup.
The PC boots to a console login and can then run startx sucessfully, so there is no X configuration issues.

Any ideas on how to fix as I cannot see what might of changed?

Thanks
Ken
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
kcpoole

Re: Mint15 Mate not loading at boot

Post by kcpoole »

Just had a thought earlier and maybe some package got removed by mistake. For some reason there was a few packages removed ( have no idea why now :-))

just thinking that maybe I borked up removing something and removed too much :shock:

Ken
lauren

Post by lauren »

Hi!
http://www.linuxmint.com/oldreleases.php
I would save all important Data on an external medium and make a fresh installation (LM 13 or 17).
kcpoole

Post by kcpoole »

lauren wrote:Hi!
http://www.linuxmint.com/oldreleases.php
I would save all important Data on an external medium and make a fresh installation (LM 13 or 17).
Thanks I was thinking of doing just that.

is there an upgrade process to move from Olivia to Olana?
Ok just found the process and reinstall seem to be the go :-(

Ken
karlchen
Level 23
Level 23

Post by karlchen »

kcpoole wrote:is there an upgrade process to move from Olivia to Olana?
Linux Mint 17 has got the nick name Q i a n a, no O and no L in her name. :wink:
The people of Alderaan have been bravely fighting back the clone warriors sent out by the unscrupulous Sith Lord Palpatine for 762 days now.
Lifeline

Return to “MATE”