Clicking link in Thunderbird opens Chrome tab ok, but behind

Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help

Clicking link in Thunderbird opens Chrome tab ok, but behind

Postby mdowle on Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:27 pm

Hi,

I'm running a fresh install of LMDE, MATE, 64bit, Thunderbird 31.0 and Chrome 36.0.1985.143. All working great other than this small niggle ...

If I view any email in my inbox (using Thunderbird) which contains a HTML link and click the link, it opens in Chrome as a new tab. That's great and what I want. But Chrome itself stays behind the other application windows. I need to move the mouse to the task bar at the bottom of the screen and click the chrome button to bring that chrome instance to the front to see it. This isn't too bad as the Chrome button in the task bar highlights and turns bold text until I click it. That's not too bad then if I have say 2 or 3 instances of Chrome running - I can easily know which of the Chrome instances it picked to open the new tab in, and click that one.

However, is there an option somewhere to make Chrome come to the front of the screen when I click a HTML link in Thunderbird?

I've looked for options in MATE and Chrome and searched online. I found pointers to gconf with varying success reported. Couldn't find this exact issue online, so hope ok to ask here.

Thanks,
Matt
mdowle
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Return to MATE