mint 17.1 main menu blank

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
bblochl

mint 17.1 main menu blank

Post by bblochl »

I installed 17.1 mint mate 32 bit version on a 64 bit Dell inspirion laptop. I updated after rebooting via internet as usual. After rebooting the application icons in the main menu are missing! The newly installed mint 17.1 from disk had this application icons in the main menu, but these obviously disappeared after update and reboot.

If I try to start mintmenu from command line I get the following message:

/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/gi/overrides/Gtk.py:50: RuntimeWarning: You have imported the Gtk 2.0 module. Because Gtk 2.0 was not designed for use with introspection some of the interfaces and API will fail. As such this is not supported by the pygobject development team and we encourage you to port your app to Gtk 3 or greater. PyGTK is the recomended python module to use with Gtk 2.0
warnings.warn(warn_msg, RuntimeWarning)

I found, that mintmenu-keybinder is missing (other running Systems do have it)?

Thanks for any help!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Monsta
Level 10
Level 10

Re: mint 17.1 main menu blank

Post by Monsta »

bblochl wrote:the application icons in the main menu are missing
Right-click on mintMenu -> pop-up menu appears -> Reload plugins
bblochl

Re: mint 17.1 main menu blank

Post by bblochl »

Thanks for any Help!

The last suggestion sounds very promising. To my regret I could not try it because in frustration I did a new install 3 days ago. That menu fault fortunately did not repeat.

Thank you anyway!

Kind regards!

Return to “MATE”