Bluetooth Won't Work

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Andrew33

Bluetooth Won't Work

Post by Andrew33 »

Hello all...been a while since I've been here.....I just came back to LM and have 17.1 LTS 64bit on my laptop. But what I'm noticing here, is that you all don't have Bluetooth installed automatically like other distro's do.....not only that, but after installing through Package Manager, it still doesn't work, no sound comes through my Samsung HM1700 and am not able to audio sync. Instead of and before asking me what the makeup of my laptop is, please look at my signature to get your answer.

I came back to LM because it would seem a bit more stable as far as functionality.....others are having issues with the desktop dimming or shading dark fluctuating dark then light, glitching and the like.....this is due to Adobe Flash Player which everyone still seems to insist on using, even though Adobe stopped making new versions for Linux and is only doing security updates.....in essence, Adobe stopped supporting Linux, so my suggestion for the Linux community, is to try and find an alternative to Adobe Flash Player. Sorry, didn't mean to go off on a tangent there.....other OS's who's Bluetooth works right out of the box are Zorin OS 9.1 (based on Ubuntu's 14.04 LTS) and Ubuntu 14.04 LTS.....LM should look into these and see how their BT programs are setup or installed, and incorporate such into LM so we don't have any furhter issues here....meanwhile, can anyone shine some light on what's going on with this current issue on BT why it's not working....thank you all in advance... :)

Andrew
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
mbott

Re: Bluetooth Won't Work

Post by mbott »

Andrew,

Greetings from Westerville!

I'm afraid I'm not going to be any real help for you because I encountered the same non-working Bluetooth that you have in both LM Mate and Ubuntu Mate. Worked on both for a couple of days ... unsucessfully. However in both LM Cinnamon and Ubuntu Unity, Bluetooth has worked from the get-go. So for now, Ubuntu runs on the desktop (Asus i5) and Cinnamon runs on the laptop (Dell Inspiron 15).

Good luck!

--
Mike

Return to “MATE”