Mint Menu type and select

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
ewan86

Mint Menu type and select

Post by ewan86 »

When I press the meta key for mint menu and then start typing and the suggested applications come up, if I press enter it then searches for the files with that name rather than opening the suggested application or the top one. To select what you want with the keyboard you have to use the arrow keys and then press enter. It's the worst thing about the menu by a mile, I want to hit the key, type, press enter and open application. Is there anyway to change this behaviour?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Monsta
Level 10
Level 10

Re: Mint Menu type and select

Post by Monsta »

No, it's not configurable.
There's this feature request for that, but it wasn't implemented yet.
MtnDewManiac
Level 6
Level 6

Re: Mint Menu type and select

Post by MtnDewManiac »

Interesting. I use Xfce and am not a big fan of their newer "Whisper" menu - but it manages to do that. I open it, type sd, see SDL Slash'EM jump to the top of the displayed list (it appears 3rd when I type the s), and press the Enter key to run SDL Slash'EM.

Maybe the MATE developers can take a look at Xfce's Whisper menu source for... ideas?

Regards,
MDM
Mint 18 Xfce 4.12.

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O'Donnell fat.

Return to “MATE”