Sound and battery icon in statusbar

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
aXept

Sound and battery icon in statusbar

Post by aXept »

Hm,

I dont have the sound control in the statusbar at bottom right. I got Time & Date, Network and Update manager. My battery is gone and the sound icon to turn volume up/down and control Banshee is gone.. How to get them back?

Battery is back, just a little settings. but cant find a solution to the sound thing.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
exaeresis

Re: Sound and battery icon in statusbar

Post by exaeresis »

You mean panel bar?
If so right click in a empty spot of the bar, press add to panel. Click the one you need and then click add.
For the sound the item you need is called volume control.
aXept

Post by aXept »

I've tried to do that, but there is nothing called "Volume control" or anything with volume at all... Hm.. Anything else ?

I Know it was there after installation yesterday..

Edit: And yes, I mean Panel Bar
exaeresis

Post by exaeresis »

I see. You probably removed it somehow.
Open the shell and run the command:

Code: Select all

gnome-volume-control
There are two possible outputs:
  • bla bla no such file or directory
    • In this case run:

sudo apt-get install gnome-media
      In fact gnome-volume-control is a part of the gnome-media package. You may not have it.
  • if something prompts (actually, if gnome-volume-control prompts).
    • In this case what you can do is adding it to the panel. Right click on it once again, chose custom application launcher and give it a name, where it says command, put: gnome-volume-control. If you don't like the icon you may change it.
EDIT: if it still doesn't work, can you tell me what are you using? Mint or LMDE?
aXept

Post by aXept »

Hey,

That control center for the sound works, I can start that from control-panel.

When I start it I get this:

/usr/share/themes/NOX/gtk-2.0/gtkrc:233: Murrine configuration option "gradients" is no longer supported and will be ignored.
Maybe it disappear when I installed a theme that use Murrine?

Running Linux Mint 11 RC

Edit: I get it in the panel now, but not the way it should be, when i click on it now the control-center for volume starts, not the "thing" that includes controlling Banshee etc.. I mean, it should be a mini-app or something? When I turn up or down the volume you should see how high the volume is, and when you mute the sound it should show it.. difficult to explain in english for me :P

This (example):

wyrdoak

Post by wyrdoak »

It's not the same time but I like this one better.

http://code.google.com/p/gnome-pulse-ap ... creenshots
aXept

Post by aXept »

Looks nice, but I got it back now... :D
pseudomorph
Level 1
Level 1

[Solved] Re: Sound and battery icon in statusbar

Post by pseudomorph »

aXept wrote:Looks nice, but I got it back now...
That's nice... but how? I stumbled across this thread trying to solve the same problem.

For the record.

The problem for me was a simple matter that the notification icon plugin is disabled. To activate ensure the tick box under Banshee | Preferences | Extensions | Notification Icon is active.

Return to “MATE”