Resizing Cinnamon panel

Please post suggestions for improvement of Cinnamon on:
https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
beskal

Resizing Cinnamon panel

Post by beskal »

Hi,

I would like to adjust Cinnamon's panel size, which for me is quite small since sometimes I mistakenly click an application which I don't intend to fire up.
Any clue how?

I hope it could be resize easily as in KDE workspace/plasma.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
cwwgateway

Re: Resizing Cinnamon panel

Post by cwwgateway »

beskal wrote:Hi,

I would like to adjust Cinnamon's panel size, which for me is quite small since sometimes I mistakenly click an application which I don't intend to fire up.
Any clue how?

Do you use your panel on the top or the bottom?
bimsebasse

Post by bimsebasse »

Open your theme's cinnamon.css file, find this section:

Code: Select all

/* ===================================================================
 * Panel (panel.js)
 * ===================================================================*/
#panel {
And adjust "height" to your preference. It only works if you use top panel layout as a Cinnamon bug means resizing a bottom panel messes up panel text alignment.
beskal

Re: Re: Resizing Cinnamon panel

Post by beskal »

cwwgateway wrote:
beskal wrote:Hi,

Any clue how?

Do you use your panel on the top or the bottom?
Bottom,
But does it make any different? Wondering.

Sent from my GT-P6200 using Tapatalk 2
bimsebasse

Post by bimsebasse »

Panel resizing doesn't work in bottom panel layout, that's why cwwgateway ask. I mean you can resize the panel all you want but all text (applet labels) will be pushed downwards and become vertically misaligned. Resizing only works without problems in top panels.
avid

Post by avid »

hi there..

i was wondering this same thing.. i need it twice the size and like the panel at the bottom as well.. i have recently installed 4 distros of linux over the past 3 days to figure out which one i like the best and so far i have decided on Mint (however if i can get my AverTV HD DVR card working under mint so i can play my ps3 i've got plugged into it i'll switch from Windows permanently - side topic if anyone knows anything on this subject please link me to the correct thread? thanks) anyways i have noticed with each of the other distros i installed, resizing the panel with no side effects was the case.. ubuntu being one of them.. so if mint is based on ubuntu.. my logical question would be...

:)
bimsebasse

Post by bimsebasse »

Panel resizing will be possible from Cinnamon Settings in the next version of Cinnamon.

Ubuntu's Unity and Cinnamon are too completely different shells with completely different code bases.

Return to “Cinnamon”