Issues with automatic log in

Please post suggestions for improvement of Cinnamon on:
https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
aguilanegra_Arg

Issues with automatic log in

Post by aguilanegra_Arg »

Hi,

I've installed Mint 13 cinnamon and I check automatic log in, but now i dont want that anymore. So I went to users and groups, and I put falsed the checkbox of automatic log in, but when i restart the system didnt pop up any validation of users. How i can fix this??

Thanks!!
Sorry for my english!!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Garvan
Level 4
Level 4

Re: Issues with automatic log in

Post by Garvan »

Did you try this?

Menu->Administration->Login Window->Security->Enable Automatic Login

I don't know why this setting is in two places, and what the difference might be.

Garvan
Notebook: DELL Latitude E5520, i5-2520M @ 2.50 GHz, 4GB RAM, Linux Mint 17.2 (2011)
Notebook: DELL Latitude 5280, i5-73000 @ 2.7 GHz., 16 GB RAM, Linux Mint 19.2 (2019)
garitd

Post by garitd »

I can't seem to get automatic login to work at all. The timed login seems to work but nothing less than 10 seconds. :cry:

Does any have any tricks or suggestions? (mint 13 cinnamon)

thanks.
jaijujacob

Post by jaijujacob »

Facing the same issue. When I create new users, it is not available at the next login... Actually I did not set the autologin while installation. I used mint4win installer .
fig_wright

Post by fig_wright »

The usual solutions suggest editing /etc/mdm/mdm.conf - Under the [daemon] section:

Code: Select all

AutomaticLoginEnable=true
    AutomaticLogin={yourusername}
This is what should be set when you use the Enable Automatic Login option in settings. However, for me it just wouldnt work - the settings were correct but were being ignored. However, I noticed there were a large number of blank lines spread among the file (~50!), and also that the AutomaticLoginEnable tag was after the AutomaticLogin tag. I removed all the blank lines and re-ordered the tags, and now automatic login works. Very wierd!

Return to “Cinnamon”