gnome-screenshot stuck at the same image all the time

Please post suggestions for improvement of Cinnamon on:
https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
wvxvw

gnome-screenshot stuck at the same image all the time

Post by wvxvw »

Hello, using Mint 13 amd64 Cinnamon I'm seeing this: no matter what I do, no matter how would I initiate the taking screenshot action, either running from terminal or from the menu, with or without delay or selecting the active area, the screenshot program will inevitably save an image of Firefox displaying some random page (a StackOverflow feed, if you are interested ;)). I can close the browser, switch to another desktop etc. - the result is the same... The program reports as if it functions normally, it can be closed and reopened - this doesn't matter, it will take the same screenshot :roll:
I've tried to employ imagemagic as an alternative, but imagemagic creates an empty file (a completely transparent PNG to be more specific). What is going on? It is too early for the singularity I guess...
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
zerozero

Re: gnome-screenshot stuck at the same image all the time

Post by zerozero »

long shot in the dark: ati/amd card?
if yes i can tell you why but can't help fix (also because i don't have an ati/amd and ist's impossible for me to debug it)
same as here >> http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.p ... 83&start=0 (tho there Niks has others issues as well)
and there's another topic *lost* somewhere but i can't find it now :oops: will link it here as soon as i do <...>
wvxvw

Post by wvxvw »

Yup, it's an AMD card... I already regret I have it, now this too... *sigh*
Delirium

Post by Delirium »

The only solution for me was to uninstall the proprietary ATI/AMD driver.

After that everything worked fine.

Return to “Cinnamon”