Dual screens - different background wallpapers?

Please post suggestions for improvement of Cinnamon on:
https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
rtX

Dual screens - different background wallpapers?

Post by rtX »

Is it possible to put different desktop wallpapers on each screen on a multi-screen set up?

I'm running Maya with Cinnamon that comes as standard (1.4, I think?).
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Graywolf

Re: Dual screens - different background wallpapers?

Post by Graywolf »

Apparently MINT, Cinnamon doesn't support having two backgrounds, wallpapers with two or more monitors, WHY? Shame really, as far as I can see its the only thing that lets Cinnamon down.
I use DisplayFusion with my Windows 8 machine and I gladly pay for this software - this software supports a number of monitors with different wallpapers on each. I have contacted DisplayFusion and there doesn't appear to be a commintment for Linux.
My MACs support different wallpapers off the shelf. So does KDE which I used to use, but I much prefer Cinnamon. I know I could revert back to KDE, but why should I leave a better environment.
In some respects I understand the developers of Cinnamon not taking on the task, perhaps they're happy with one monitor or the same image on both.
Graham Jappé
d00med

Re: Dual screens - different background wallpapers?

Post by d00med »

Gnome has never had support for it, and any inquiry into it inevitably leads to a discussion on why anyone would need wallpapers in the first place. Supposedly, it can be done with Nitrogen, an image browser / wallpaper changer, but I didn't get it to work in Gnome2. It's in the repositories. I *think* you also have to use spanned in Cinnamon's options.

Return to “Cinnamon”