Both panels to the bottom? Customizing desktop size?

Please post suggestions for improvement of Cinnamon here
https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon

Both panels to the bottom? Customizing desktop size?

Postby FiReSTaRT on Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:51 am

I like having 2 panels and like having them on the bottom. Ever since I installed 1.6, the 2 bottom panels extension doesn't work any more. When it did work, it would cover the bottom of any open window and that cramped my style a bit when using a web browser. Is the option of having both panels on the bottom in the works?
Certain "respected" members of our business community are unable to innovate so they like to patent the wheel and sue car manufacturers.
FiReSTaRT
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Both panels to the bottom? Customizing desktop size?

Postby FiReSTaRT on Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:39 am

I just went back to XFCE. So far so good. Cinnamon is nearly there and pretty slick looking but still a bit too dumbed down for the user who likes his things "just so".
Certain "respected" members of our business community are unable to innovate so they like to patent the wheel and sue car manufacturers.
FiReSTaRT
Level 1
Level 1

Postby BoscoBearbank on Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:29 pm

Hope I'm not hijacking this thread, but my preference is for two panels, one on the bottom, and the other on the right side. On the other hand, this is my first look at Cinnamon, and, I've got to say, I like it. :D
BoscoBearbank
Level 2
Level 2

Postby FiReSTaRT on Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:48 am

BoscoBearbank wrote:Hope I'm not hijacking this thread, but my preference is for two panels, one on the bottom, and the other on the right side. On the other hand, this is my first look at Cinnamon, and, I've got to say, I like it. :D

Not a hijack. Being able to customize it is one thing that Cinnamon is still missing. I guess that comes from being rooted in Gnome 3 even though it's taking a lot of cues from Gnome 2.
FiReSTaRT
Level 1
Level 1

Postby FiReSTaRT on Sun Jun 02, 2013 11:16 am

I'll just bump this one as the lack of functionality remains on Olivia. It's the main reason I'm still sticking with XFCE.
FiReSTaRT
Level 1
Level 1

Postby OldManHook on Sun Jun 02, 2013 2:28 pm

Have You Tried A Dock :) ...Will Give You Most Of What You Want :)
"Be the change you want to see in the world"
Gandhi
OldManHook
Level 5
Level 5

Return to Cinnamon