cinnamon 1.6.x -- adding mouse shortcuts?

Please post suggestions for improvement of Cinnamon on:
https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
wilo108

cinnamon 1.6.x -- adding mouse shortcuts?

Post by wilo108 »

Cinnamon 1.6.x is great, and I'm really settling in to it finally. I have one source of discomfort though -- using compiz I am able to set the rocker-buttons on my mouse to switch the workspace/desktop back and forth, and it's become so natural to the way I work that I'm really, really missing it!

Does anyone know any way by which something similar can be achieved with cinnamon/muffin? The range and configureability of the keyboard shortcuts is great, but I really want to make use of the extra buttons on my mouse.

Will be most grateful for any advice or suggestions!

Cheers!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
abnvolk

Re: cinnamon 1.6.x -- adding mouse shortcuts?

Post by abnvolk »

wilo108

Re: cinnamon 1.6.x -- adding mouse shortcuts?

Post by wilo108 »

that does help, thanks. on the one-hand, it gives me a tolerable alternative work-around, and on the other I can pick through the code and see if I can modify it to work exactly the way I want. next time i can find a few spare hours i'll start digging through the Cinnamon APIs and see if I can find something that will give me access to the mouse buttons.

cheers for your help, much obliged to you!

Return to “Cinnamon”