gnotes or tomboy applet for cinnamon?

Please post suggestions for improvement of Cinnamon on:
https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
andersau
Level 2
Level 2

gnotes or tomboy applet for cinnamon?

Post by andersau »

Is there a sticky notes applet for cinnamon, or is there a way that gnotes or tomboy can be pinned to the panel? I'd like to be able to have handy access to a to-do list but haven't found a solution.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Orbmiser

Re: gnotes or tomboy applet for cinnamon?

Post by Orbmiser »

Yep Tomboy is default installed in Accessories and runs in system tray.
one click create,search open notes. Check preferences add-ons for more functionality.

Just run it and notice the Push Pin in tray.

Accessing your notes

Accessing your notes is usually a quick mouse-flick away. Just click on the Tomboy Panel applet, which is always visible on your desktop. You can choose one of the notes you've recently viewed from the menu or Search for older notes. The Table of Contents lists all your notes in the order they were last modified.

No more moving your applications to find a website you dragged to the desktop. No more searching your filesystem to find where you think you maybe put last week's TODO list.

andersau
Level 2
Level 2

Post by andersau »

Thanks for the info. I didn't even notice the icon - it is black on dark grey.
Orbmiser

Post by Orbmiser »

andersau wrote:Thanks for the info. I didn't even notice the icon - it is black on dark grey.
Hmmm...must be a theme thing as is yellow icon with green pencil on mine.
You might be using an incompatible theme? Glad you found it tho as looks pretty extensive & flexible notepad app.
andersau
Level 2
Level 2

Post by andersau »

Hi, yes it was a theming thing, I changed my theme yesterday and now have a yellow icon.
lunatico

Post by lunatico »

andersau wrote:Hi, yes it was a theming thing, I changed my theme yesterday and now have a yellow icon.
To what theme you changed to? I'm using Glass Mint theme and yes the pin icon is too dark...
abnvolk

Post by abnvolk »

I think it depends on the icon theme :)
lunatico

Post by lunatico »

abnvolk wrote:I think it depends on the icon theme :)
Yes.. this is what I did to fix it: http://forum.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.ph ... 47#p667549
andersau
Level 2
Level 2

Post by andersau »

I changed the icon theme to gnome in Cinnamon Settings - Themes - Other Settings, and that fixed it. Changed some other icons as well but all look fine to me. You can install other icon themes in synaptic if you don't like the gnome icons.
andersau
Level 2
Level 2

Post by andersau »

I changed the icon theme to gnome in Cinnamon Settings - Themes - Other Settings, and that fixed it. Some other icons were also changed at the same time, but they still look fine to me. You can install other icon themes in synaptic if you don't like the gnome icons.

Return to “Cinnamon”