Grey nemo

Please post suggestions for improvement of Cinnamon here
https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon

Grey nemo

Postby dbourrion on Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:13 am

Hi
New on Mint (but not on Linux)
Would like to have grey icons theme in nemo for repertory, etc (I don't like green ;) )

Can't manage to have that : theme part of the cinnmamon settings doesn't look doing what I'm asking when applying a black or grey theme.

Any help welcome
Best regards
D
dbourrion
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Grey nemo

Postby bimsebasse on Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:05 am

In Cinnamon Settings under Themes, changing "Cinnamon theme" doesn't affect the appearance of your windows or icons, they are shell themes only. Go into "Other settings" and choose a new icon set. The "Gnome" option has grey folders if that's what you seek.
Thank you for this thread. That’s all I can say. You most definitely have made this forum into something special. You clearly know what you are doing, you’ve covered so many bases. Thanks!
bimsebasse
Level 7
Level 7

Postby dbourrion on Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:35 pm

Hi
Oh yes, got it
Gnome icon set isn't as sexy as I'd like but I think that installing other gnome icon sets should change that ?
dbourrion
Level 1
Level 1

Postby bimsebasse on Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:14 am

Sexy certainly does not describe the Gnome icon set, no :)

You can find some other, better icon sets here: http://gnome-look.org/index.php?xsortmo ... de=120x121
Thank you for this thread. That’s all I can say. You most definitely have made this forum into something special. You clearly know what you are doing, you’ve covered so many bases. Thanks!
bimsebasse
Level 7
Level 7

Return to Cinnamon