Collapse path bar in Nemo?

Please post suggestions for improvement of Cinnamon here
https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon

Collapse path bar in Nemo?

Postby RickJ on Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:24 am

The path bar (the buttons, not text) in Nemo usually shows the path relative to a "well-known" location, e.g. /home, or /media. There's a tiny button you can click to expand this to show the whole rooted path. But once expanded, I can't see any way to collapse it again - is it possible, or did no-one think of it?

It always starts collapsed in a new window, but it seems that if you expand it, that's how it stays in that window. Even switching to the location bar and back doesn't change it.

It's a detail, but I just don't like actions that don't have an opposite!

Rick
RickJ
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Collapse path bar in Nemo?

Postby xenopeek on Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:47 am

As you browse to another folder, either up or down, the path will collapse again. You'll notice if you are in a folder with a very long path (like /home/yourname/Documents/Administration/Shared Account/Expenses/, or similar) and the window is not maximized, the path might not fit. Now you have this tiny < button on the left, but also a tiny > button on the right. So it is not actually a expand button, but a button to scroll the visible part of the path in your window.
xenopeek
Level 21
Level 21

Re: Collapse path bar in Nemo?

Postby RickJ on Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:04 am

OK, I kinda see what you mean ...

It doesn't always collapse, seems to depend what folder you move to, but not really a problem. I hadn't noticed the RH side effect on a long path before, but it does mean the whole thing makes more sense.

Cheers!
RickJ
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Cinnamon