nemo carshes every resolution change

Please post suggestions for improvement of Cinnamon on:
https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Fed03

nemo carshes every resolution change

Post by Fed03 »

Hi all,
I've installed mint 14 cinnamon on a vmware environment with win7 as host.
Vmware manage to automatically change resolution of the guest every time I resize the vmware window.
This happen rather often switching back and forth between host and guest.
Every time the resolution of mint change nemo crashes and obviously closes every window and desktop icons disappear...
Now this happen also when I change resolution manually so I think that it isn't a vmware problem.
furthermore I've ubuntu 12.10 installed in vmware too with cinnamon and nemo environment intalled on it and this issue doesn't appear...

any clues?

ty in advance
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
axishero

Re: nemo carshes every resolution change

Post by axishero »

Unfortunately,I found this problem,too.I am thinking about giving up mint,because I need to switch from host to guest all the time.
Fed03

Post by Fed03 »

axishero wrote:Unfortunately,I found this problem,too.I am thinking about giving up mint,because I need to switch from host to guest all the time.
It's a very strange bug...
Chris_Z
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Chris_Z »

Mint 14, 64 bit.
Nemo crashes each time I enable the second monitor via randr.
So I created a script which is restarting nemo:

Code: Select all

#!/bin/bash

xrandr --output DVI-I-3 --mode 2560x1440 --pos 1440x0 --rotate left
sleep 5
nemo -n
Looking at the number of unresolved issues in this particular area I becomed uncertain whether Cinnamon developers are testing on anything else than a single static monitor...

Return to “Cinnamon”