Cinnamon 1.6 in Maya

Please post suggestions for improvement of Cinnamon on:
https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
BillybobT

Cinnamon 1.6 in Maya

Post by BillybobT »

I've been a big Linux Mint advocate for a few years now. There have only been a couple versions that caused me to try out other distros, but I've been happy with them for a while. That being said, I was excited to try out Nadia with the latest Cinnamon and Nemo. Unfortunately, it seems no matter what I do (at least 4 different installations; thought maybe some of the software I installed, upgrade methods were messing things up, but why would it be any different than before?), some kind of instability arises while I'm using it, usually display related (still haven't figured out a way to install nVidia drivers without screwing up the display totally). I did like the changes I saw in Cinnamon though.

I have never been able to get my Maya system to upgrade to Cinnamon 1.6. I've tried all the methods described in this forum; Romeo, the PPA, logging in using Gnome (where I am right now). Nothing seems to work. My system is fairly new (home-built i5-3570K, 16G Ram, nVidia GeForce 8800GT, dual Acer monitors).

I would be happy to provide some kind of info to help solve this, I just don't know what anyone would need right now.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
glebihan
Level 2
Level 2

Re: Cinnamon 1.6 in Maya

Post by glebihan »

You need neither the PPA nor the romeo repositories to upgrade cinnamon to 1.6 in Maya. All you need to do is enable the backport repositories from the "software sources" tool.
screenshot.png
If that still doesn't work, please provide some more information as to what doesn't work exactly.

Return to “Cinnamon”