Linux Mint 14 Cinnamon Tooltip and login

Please post suggestions for improvement of Cinnamon on:
https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
utun1503

Linux Mint 14 Cinnamon Tooltip and login

Post by utun1503 »

I'm experiencing two problems in my Linux Mint 14 Cinnamon:
1. The tootip will only show a black bar in applications, but shows correctly in the applets (see the attached pictures).
I don't think this is related to hardware because I didn't have this problem when running Live CD. I have changed theme several time even matched is exactly like the live CD, but the problem still persist.
2. I didn't put any pictures for the user photo during installation, then later I set a photo to the user using control panel. The photo shows during sceen unlock password prompt, but does not shown in the face browser during login. I saw someone mentioned this in this forum but I cannot found any solution posted.

My system is:
Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 955
Display: OpenGL Gallium 0.4 on AMD RS880
Version: 2.1 Mesa 9.0.1
Direct rendering: yes
Resolution: 1680x1050
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
FireSoul
Level 3
Level 3

Re: Linux Mint 14 Cinnamon Tooltip and login

Post by FireSoul »

[quote="utun1503"]I'm experiencing two problems in my Linux Mint 14 Cinnamon:

Hello.
Do you want backround pickture to desktop from your own photos?

Go to MENU/SETTINGS/CINNAMON SETTINGS/BACKROUND PICTURES --->press + and take picture you want ,then choise it.

I hope this help you.
utun1503

Post by utun1503 »

Firesoul,
You misunderstood my question. Attached is the picture of the login screen. I have set the picture for the login, but it doesn appear there. The picture however appear when the screen locked and prompt for password as shown in the other picture.
utun1503

Post by utun1503 »

OK,I managed solved the 2nd problem. It turns out, change the user picture in System Settings User Account does not change the ~/.face file.
Manually save the picture to ~/.face (as PNG file) solve it.
Now if there is anyone who can advise on the tooltip issue.

Return to “Cinnamon”