I had a psu go bad in this box, and it caused the machine to reboot on it's own while I had the menu open, and now the menu isn't working right. Hopefully someone has some ideas.
Here is what it is doing/not doing:
- I can't right click on the "gear" menu icon in the panel to get to the editor (nothing pops up), but alacarte does work fine if started from console.
- Left clicking to open the menu works fine
- The shortcut icons on the left bar work fine (Power, log out, lock, etc)
- Search bar works fine and I can launch a program from the results.
- The categories (middle pane) do not work, I can't hover over or click on a category like "Accessories" or "Internet", it doesn't do anything, not even a highlight.
- I can launch programs from the very right pane, it shows all of the programs fine.
- Right click on an application in the right pane does work.
I'm assuming that maybe a file got corrupted or some permissions got corrupted? Any ideas at all?
I'm on Mint 14, completely updated.