restore resolution after exit program

Please post suggestions for improvement of Cinnamon on:
https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
andlinux
Level 1
Level 1

restore resolution after exit program

Post by andlinux »

I installed today Linux Mint cinnamon 15 on my dell xps 13 after always using Xubuntu.
Now I have encountered a problem. I play Rise of the Triad nativly and when I exit the program
then my resolution of the screen is like it was in the game. My screen resolution is normally 1920*1080.

So I wonder how I can fix this ?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
cwsnyder

Re: restore resolution after exit program

Post by cwsnyder »

I am assuming from the way you stated your problem that you can fix the problem, you just need an automatic way to fix the resolution, and can't get your game to restore your resolution by itself.

Have you tried invoking a shell script to run your game? You could then add a line something like the following at the end of the script to restore your default graphics mode.

Code: Select all

xrandr --output <displayname> --mode 1920x1080
<displayname> is the display name shown when xrandr is executed from a terminal with no further entries on the line. The output of that command will show the display name followed by the word connected is the display name you should use in the --output selection. 1920x1080 may or may not be the mode name you want, also.

Return to “Cinnamon”