Change background color of windows (e.g. nemo) - Cinnamon 2

Please post suggestions for improvement of Cinnamon on:
https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Enigma88

Change background color of windows (e.g. nemo) - Cinnamon 2

Post by Enigma88 »

I'm not a fan of all the white, and I'd like the standard background color of the windows (nemo for example) to be black instead. Is there some way I can manage to do that? I've been looking at dconf-editor and the values for gtk-color-scheme, but they only ever change some windows (pidgin for example) but others, like nemo just stay white.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
MidnightRider67

Re: Change background color of windows (e.g. nemo) - Cinnamo

Post by MidnightRider67 »

i would like to know this as well. cinnamon themes only change the task bar and menu (and a few other things) but the main windows (nemo) are not changed at all, how do we change the background color of those windows?
JosephM
Level 6
Level 6

Post by JosephM »

Your best bet is to find another gtk theme that better suits your personal taste. That is what actually controls the look of your applications. Check places like gnome-look.org and deviantart to find hundreds of different ones. They usually come as a compressed file when you download them. Simply extract the file and copy the themes folder to either ~/.themes (makes it available to only that user account) or /usr/share/themes (makes it available to all user accounts) and then set it as your window controls theme.
When I give opinions, they are my own. Not necessarily those of any other Linux Mint developer or the Linux Mint project as a whole.
MidnightRider67

Post by MidnightRider67 »

ahhh so it is the gtk themes that do that, ok thats what i'm missing. thanks for that :D

Return to “Cinnamon”