LM 16 - System functions require password twice

Please post suggestions for improvement of Cinnamon on:
https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
te7

LM 16 - System functions require password twice

Post by te7 »

Whenever I select a system function that requires the administrator password, it first says the password is incorrect, asks for it again, then works the second time. I've noticed it for Software Update, Software Manager, and managing users. My user status is a member of the administrator group. It happens in LM 16 Cinnamon both 32 and 64 bit. My LM 16 machines are in VirtualBox. Why does this happen? Is there a fix for this? Thanks in advance for any help.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
te7

Re: LM 16 - System functions require password twice

Post by te7 »

I installed the XFCE desktop and the problem disappears. Logged out and logged back with Cinnamon and the problem re-appears. I filed an issue at the Cinnamon github site. I don't know if it is a Cinnamon issue or a Linux Mint issue. Filed the issue anyway with github. Or it could be just a VirtualBox problem.
te7

Post by te7 »

It's definitely caused by the latest LM updates. I created a new virtual machine in VirtualBox and then installed the guest additions. No problem. Then did the latest updates and the problem returned.
te7

Post by te7 »

Problem still not fixed with the latest LM 16 updates as of 2014-1-11.

Return to “Cinnamon”