Dual Screen // Half of the Wallpaper on each Screen

Please post suggestions for improvement of Cinnamon on:
https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Nuvielle

Dual Screen // Half of the Wallpaper on each Screen

Post by Nuvielle »

Hello Guys =D

I have a strange Bug, Behaviour ( dont know what it is exactly :O ) of my Cinnamon Desktop.

I have 2 Screens, each one works with 1920x1080. If choose a Big Wallpaper, for examle the Default 7AM sunrise Wallpaper with 4124x2600 and
use the Spanned Option in the Wallpaper Menu, the left half of the Wallpaper appears on the left Screen, the right half appears on the right Screen.
Beside the Wallpaper is the black Background Colour.

Is there a way to make it span over the full size of the both Screens ? Is there a Way to Span the Taskbar along the second Screen too ?

Best Greets
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Nuvielle

Re: Dual Scree. // Half of the Wallpaper on each Screen

Post by Nuvielle »

<Picture Attached>
JosephM
Level 6
Level 6

Re: Dual Screen // Half of the Wallpaper on each Screen

Post by JosephM »

I have the exact same setup as you. The problem is with the size of the image you are trying to use. To span both monitors you need an image that is 3840x1080. The best way to do that is take your image into something like gimp and crop and scale it to fit that size.

Currently the cinnamon panel only works on a single monitor.
When I give opinions, they are my own. Not necessarily those of any other Linux Mint developer or the Linux Mint project as a whole.

Return to “Cinnamon”