Workspace Switcher - How to make it look like Gnome 2/XFCE?

Please post suggestions for improvement of Cinnamon on:
https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Tatwi

Workspace Switcher - How to make it look like Gnome 2/XFCE?

Post by Tatwi »

Howdy,

Sorry to have to ask, by my Google/Duckduckgo-foo and forum search did not turn up a solution to this issue.

I've long used Gnome 2 and XFCE as my main desktop, but I decided to modernize and enjoy what Cinnamon has to offer in Mint 17. I love it, it's great, but one thing that I use all the time is just not quite right.

I would like the workspace switcher app to look and function as it does is Gnome2 and XFCE, rather than simply showing the (rather useless) numbers 1 through 4. The Gnome2/XFCE method shows little boxes for each window you have open and allows you to drag and drop those little windows to different workspaces, as any old timer such as myself will recall.

Anyone know how to bring this functionality to the Cinnamon workspace switcher applet? It's one of the things I have always loved about GNU/Linux.

Ps. Please do not reply espousing the joys and merits of the new paradigm of UI functions that you love and you think I should use instead, as I really don't give any shits. You like it, that's great for you. Go you! I like what I like, you like what you like. :wink:
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
anandrkris

Re: Workspace Switcher - How to make it look like Gnome 2/XF

Post by anandrkris »

I am afraid that this is not available in the Applet itself. I enable Expo mode in Hot Corners and use it to drag windows across workspaces...
Tatwi

Post by Tatwi »

anandrkris wrote:I am afraid that this is not available in the Applet itself. I enable Expo mode in Hot Corners and use it to drag windows across workspaces...
No thanks. I am quite pleased running XFCE again. Looks great with the Mint-X theme!
cdinvb

Post by cdinvb »

Control, alt, up arrow. Then drag and drop. Esc to clear. But Gnome is a ton better. And why I will probably not switch to Mint for now.

Return to “Cinnamon”