system setting command line

Please post suggestions for improvement of Cinnamon on:
https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
scoint

system setting command line

Post by scoint »

Hi,
I'm running mint 16 cinnamon.
I was unable to find the command line to start the system setting window like we do from the menu (with all applets).
the command line /usr/bin/cinnamon-control-center gives access to only 8 applets/icons and throught the menu we have access to 36 applets/icons.

Do someone have the command line to start the system setting window like we do from the menu?

thanks
karlchen
Level 23
Level 23

Re: system setting command line

Post by karlchen »

Hello, scoint.

You might check with the help of the Mint Menu Editor what the commandline is that launches the System Settings (Control Center in Windows speak). If I remember right the command is

Code: Select all

cinnamon-settings
(I cannot check right now, because I am logged in to Windows 7.)

In case I am wrong you may list all the executables the names of which start with cinnamon in the folder /usr/bin. The wanted command will be among them.

Code: Select all

ls -al /usr/bin/cinnamon-*
Cheers,
Karl
The people of Alderaan have been bravely fighting back the clone warriors sent out by the unscrupulous Sith Lord Palpatine for 792 days now.
Lifeline
nomko

Post by nomko »

As an additional to karlchen's reply:
Mint 16 is obsolete, meaning it is no longer supported and maintained by the Mint team. Maybe it is time to upgrade to Mint 17 which is an LTS version => Long Term Support. Mint 17 will be supported till april 2019 ;)
scoint

Post by scoint »

Hi karlchen and nomko,

thanks for your reply.
the commandline /usr/bin/cinnamon-settings was the right command.

I can't -for the moment- use Mint 17 because I use a python/wxpython app and in Mint17 all the buttons of this app are in grey instead of the color they have under Mint16. I didn't find yet how to fix it. May be you have an idea how to fix it or in which forum's category I could ask for help.

thanks again for your help

regards

Return to “Cinnamon”