No Focus 'Always on Top' window

Please post suggestions for improvement of Cinnamon on:
https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Borhan

No Focus 'Always on Top' window

Post by Borhan »

Hi, First post here... :D

I have a window which I made 'Always on Top' but semitransparent to view underlying window.

The always on top window is a "YouTube TV" window created with Chrome>More Tools>Create application shortcut.
as I watch video's on "YouTube TV" with always on top is it possible to continue my browsing in underlying window without giving the 'TV' window focus?

when I hover over 'TV' window it get's focused & starts getting mouse and keyboard input which is normal behavior. And i have to drag around if I want to click on the underlying window.

I'm wondering is it possible with some tweak to make the window inactive so that even when I hover over the window or click on it the underlying window gets all the input. Unless, I click on it's title bar or some predefined specific area?

Thanks in advance,
Borhan
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Cosmo.
Level 24
Level 24

Re: No Focus 'Always on Top' window

Post by Cosmo. »

It sounds, as if you have set in the windows-settings of Cinnamon to change the focus to sloppy or moues; this is not the default setting. Change it back to click, that should do what you want.
motoschifo

Post by motoschifo »

I had a similar issue that I can't resolve.
If an on-top window is on desktop (not minimized), when do some operation on other program (Nemo, Eclipse, etc) the focus is lost and go to this Windows.

For example:
- property on folder, at close the focus go to the on-top windows instead of returning to Nemo.
- ctrl+tab on Eclipse to switch file, then I release the keys the focus is lost and go to the window (not to Eclipse).

Is it a related problem or I must open a the thread?
Cosmo.
Level 24
Level 24

Post by Cosmo. »

In general you should open your own thread for your own problem; especially if it is not the same (but in your own words a similar) problem.

Is there any window open with the attribute set to stay always in foreground? E.g. Clocks are often set this way.
motoschifo

Post by motoschifo »

Cosmos I'm sorry, but I see your reply only now after months.
I opened a new thread here and explain in detail the problem that still persists with Mint 17.2:
http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.p ... 0#p1086950

Thanks

Return to “Cinnamon”