Photo Screensaver in Cinnamon?

Please post suggestions for improvement of Cinnamon on:
https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
nelamvr6
Level 4
Level 4

Photo Screensaver in Cinnamon?

Post by nelamvr6 »

I'm a long time Mint user, I just installed Cinnamon after using Mate for quite a while.

I was getting my system setup after the install, when I finally got to the point where I wanted to set my screensaver up.

I must be missing something, i couldn't find a screensaver that would show a slide show of my photos.

Is there no option in Cinnamon to simply have a slide show of my photos as my screensaver?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
HerrDierk

Re: Photo Screensaver in Cinnamon?

Post by HerrDierk »

It works the same way as the desktop wallpapers that came with Mint. Make a directory with your photo's and choose that directory as the screensaver wallpapers. Change the random time etc. That's the way I did it.

But probably there is a real photo-screensaver in some of the repo's.

:D
nelamvr6
Level 4
Level 4

Post by nelamvr6 »

HerrDierk wrote:It works the same way as the desktop wallpapers that came with Mint. Make a directory with your photo's and choose that directory as the screensaver wallpapers. Change the random time etc. That's the way I did it.

But probably there is a real photo-screensaver in some of the repo's.

:D
How do I do this? I already have all the photos I want to use in a folder, how do I "choose that directory as the screensaver wallpapers"?
HerrDierk

Post by HerrDierk »

System settings -> backgrounds

If you want to ad a new folder (where the pictures are) then push the "+" sign below. Now you can select the folder.

Now you must select "settings" (on top) and you can select slideshow.

Hope it helps. If it doesn't I will post some pics. It's not always easy to explain myself in English :lol:

Return to “Cinnamon”