Cinnamon 1.3 released!!

Please post suggestions for improvement of Cinnamon on:
https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
aloysius
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Cinnamon 1.3 released!!

Post by aloysius »

I switched back to 1.2 on Ubuntu: Cinnamon 1.3 kept crashing on me.
lurkatron

Post by lurkatron »

chazdg24

re alt+f2 try go to the mint menu > system tools > system settings, click on 'keyboard' > 2nd tab, choose system in the left pane. in the right pane there should be an entry called 'show the run command prompt' - i guess its disabled on your system? if so just click and change it to alt+f2

weather app: go to https://launchpad.net/~merlwiz79/+archi ... /+packages and download the cinnamon-weather-extension for oneiric if ur on mint lisa, install it. however it wont work on cinnamon 1.3 without a tweak, go to /usr/share/cinnamon/extensions/weather@cinnamon.org and righclick on metadata.json > open as admin and change the cinnamon version line to include version 1.3.0...personally i added 1.3.1 as well cos i think that will be released in a few days. my line looks like:
"cinnamon-version": [ "1.3.0", "1.3.1" ],
reload cinnamon and it should work. same method can be used with other extensions from the ppa above

drag and drop doesent work for me either, i have to change it in dconf-editor as follows:
open dconf-editor, org >cinnamon >enabled applets (in the right pane)
now change for example ‘panel1:left:0:window-list@cinnamon.org’ to
‘panel2:left:0:window-list@cinnamon.org’ to make it appear on the bottom panel
left:0 probably means its the leftmost entry , left:1 the 2nd most leftmost entry and so on, right:0 probably means the rightmost
Last edited by lurkatron on Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
chazdg24

Post by chazdg24 »

My Minimize, Maximize, Full Screen buttons are gone. I only have Minimize. How do I fix that?
chazdg24

Post by chazdg24 »

chazdg24 wrote:My Minimize, Maximize, Full Screen buttons are gone. I only have Minimize. How do I fix that?
Fixed - I guess I'm not totally useless... :D
chazdg24

Post by chazdg24 »

lurkatron wrote:chazdg24

re alt+f2 try go to the mint menu > system tools > system settings, click on 'keyboard' > 2nd tab, choose system in the left pane. in the right pane there should be an entry called 'show the run command prompt' - i guess its disabled on your system? if so just click and change it to alt+f2

weather app: go to https://launchpad.net/~merlwiz79/+archi ... /+packages and download the cinnamon-weather-extension for oneiric if ur on mint lisa, install it. however it wont work on cinnamon 1.3 without a tweak, go to /usr/share/cinnamon/extensions/weather@cinnamon.org and righclick on metadata.json and change the cinnamon version line to include version 1.3.0...personally i added 1.3.1 as well cos i think that will be released in a few days. my line looks like:
"cinnamon-version": [ "1.3.0", "1.3.1" ],
reload cinnamon and it should work. same method can be used with other extensions from the ppa above

drag and drop doesent work for me either, i have to change it in dconf-editor as follows:
open dconf-editor, org >cinnamon >enabled applets (in the right pane)
now change for example ‘panel1:left:0:window-list@cinnamon.org’ to
‘panel2:left:0:window-list@cinnamon.org’ to make it appear on the bottom panel
left:0 probably means its the leftmost entry , left:1 the 2nd most leftmost entry and so on, right:0 probably means the rightmost
- Alt+f2 is not disabled - I was sure it was!

- There is no extension file in /usr/cinnamon. I may be doing something wrong with the weather app.

- After the tweaks you suggested using dconf-editor, my menu still is mixed up. Update Manager on the left, Icons on the right.

I appreciate any help you or anyone else can give me to fix this.
jessy
Level 1
Level 1

Post by jessy »

I tried the weather-extension, mentioned above, and changed the cinnamon number, but it showed up in Cinnamon-settings, but on my screen it is NOT visible.
Anyone an idea?
SidharthaXx

Post by SidharthaXx »

chazdg24... glad to know I'm not the only one with alt + F2 "r" not working....
Rehdon
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Rehdon »

The weather-extension trick worked fine here, thanks a lot.

Rehdon
bimsebasse

Post by bimsebasse »

jessy wrote:I tried the weather-extension, mentioned above, and changed the cinnamon number, but it showed up in Cinnamon-settings, but on my screen it is NOT visible.
Anyone an idea?
Write this in a terminal window:

Code: Select all

sudo gedit /usr/share/cinnamon/extensions/weather@cinnamon.org/metadata.json
- and paste the contents of the opened .json file here.
socrates_johnson

Post by socrates_johnson »

Hello, I'm really enjoying Cinnamon 1.3 so far, but have a question/issue. The battery power icon makes it always look like the laptop is on battery power (a battery icon with an "x" and the percentage). Maybe it was like this before, but I seem to remember this not being an issue. Anyone else experience this? Thanks!
lurkatron

Post by lurkatron »

ive found that with just a small error in a cinnamon theme in cinnamon 1.3, or with a non-1.3 compatible theme im left with an empty desktop and the only way i found to fix that was to log into gnome-shell, run 'cinnamon-settings' in a terminal and change theme. would be nice if cinnamon could revert back automaticly to the default theme or something if a theme error is encountered
chazdg24

Post by chazdg24 »

Another dumb question if anybody has time. What happened to the theme file? I can't seem to figure out where to install themes. It was quite simple in 1.2.
lurkatron

Post by lurkatron »

1.3.1 is out, lets hope all the problems are gone :) http://cinnamon.linuxmint.com/?p=169
z06gal

Post by z06gal »

lurkatron wrote:1.3.1 is out, lets hope all the problems are gone :) http://cinnamon.linuxmint.com/?p=169

I just tried to update but it did not so hopefully it won't be long :D
jessy
Level 1
Level 1

Post by jessy »

bimsebasse wrote:
jessy wrote:I tried the weather-extension, mentioned above, and changed the cinnamon number, but it showed up in Cinnamon-settings, but on my screen it is NOT visible.
Anyone an idea?
Write this in a terminal window:

Code: Select all

sudo gedit /usr/share/cinnamon/extensions/weather@cinnamon.org/metadata.json
- and paste the contents of the opened .json file here.
I dont't know, what i did. I thought had changed the cinnamon version numbers, but that was not so. :oops:
It's working perfectly now.
Thank you.
lurkatron

Post by lurkatron »

z06gal wrote:
lurkatron wrote:1.3.1 is out, lets hope all the problems are gone :) http://cinnamon.linuxmint.com/?p=169

I just tried to update but it did not so hopefully it won't be long :D

clem says: It depends on your distribution. It was just released upstream here. As for Linux Mint, it’s likely to make its way to Romeo in the hours to come and probably to the stable repositories tomorrow. It’s also available as deb packages on the github page: https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon/downloads
drjster

Post by drjster »

I downloaded cinnamon_1.3.1_amd64.deb from github per Clem and attempted unsuccessfully to install. Got the following message: Error: Breaks existing package 'cinnamon' conflict: cinnamon ( ) Any ideas?
lurkatron

Post by lurkatron »

drjster: got the same error here...lets wait some more
bimsebasse

Post by bimsebasse »

lurkatron wrote:ive found that with just a small error in a cinnamon theme in cinnamon 1.3, or with a non-1.3 compatible theme im left with an empty desktop and the only way i found to fix that was to log into gnome-shell, run 'cinnamon-settings' in a terminal and change theme. would be nice if cinnamon could revert back automaticly to the default theme or something if a theme error is encountered
You should submit this on github, it's a good idea.

"Revert to default theme if selected custom theme causes crash/freeze" or something
bimsebasse

Post by bimsebasse »

I can see I have to update themes again, it's a 9-5 job maintaining Cinnamon themes at the moment :D And the pay is rubbish!
Last edited by bimsebasse on Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Cinnamon”