Cinnamon 1.3 released!!

Please post suggestions for improvement of Cinnamon on:
https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
biggyk

Re: Cinnamon 1.3 released and so nice!!

Post by biggyk »

bu99zy wrote:
Lumikki wrote:The panel what has program icons or the list of running programs doesn't seem to move back to left?
Is there way to reset situation?
Open dconf-editor

If you haven't got it installed its

Code: Select all

sudo apt-get install dconf-tools
org >> cinnamon >> enable-applets

look for

'panel1:center:11:window-list@cinnamon.org', 
change it to

'panel1:left:11:window-list@cinnamon.org', 
Picture, courtesy of ZeroZero
I have the classic panel mode set. How can I make the window list go to the bottom?

Nevermind figured it out. Just change to panel2
sandman_uz

Re: Cinnamon 1.3 released!!

Post by sandman_uz »

maybe not right place, but how I can fix it? time applet is moving bit down and update manager icon is too big.

theme Loki. and for theme author - great themes! but not all icons is same ) update manager - which icon r u using? i'm using ur Mint-Xtra pack... can u pls advice? Thanx!

http://i44.tinypic.com/eliqu.png
woodsmoke

Post by woodsmoke »

Hi
Big update today and I saw the update to cinnamon.
AMD Athlon 64 dual core 4200+ Nvidia 6600 with updated 173 driver, ahteros usb plugin wlan with antenna, onboard sound, all works although since this was a change from another machine, WHEN THE FIRST SCREEN WAS BLACK... there was white text saying "configuring wireless etc.".
USB HP1210 printer/scanner multifunction found.

It all just worked as far as bootup, configuring hardware etc.

Still only one theme in themes and the weather applet does not work. Clock and calendar work.

woodsmoke
woodsmoke

Post by woodsmoke »

Aaaahhhhh cinnamony goodness....transparency theme installed!

Very straightforward! :D :D :D

woodsmoke
SidharthaXx

Post by SidharthaXx »

Just to feedback... issues I'm seeing with Cinnamon 1.3,

1. Alt + F2 then "r" is not working anymore... "command not found"

2. The power manager applet (battery icon for my laptop) keeps disappearing (after sleep mainly I have noticed). I have to keep rebooting the applet to see it.
bimsebasse

Post by bimsebasse »

1. Press the windows key, type "keyb", press enter, click the shortcuts tab in the opened keyboard settings dialog, under "system" see if "show the run command prompt" is enabled - if it isn't fill in "ALT+F2".

2. The power manager applet in 1.3 also doesn't show duration and the icon isn't too good - not sure what happened in the process from 1.2 to 1.3 there, but it wasn't a step ahead :/
Alby

Post by Alby »

hello i updated to cinnamon 1.3 and now i get this menu bar on desktop (see the screenshot) how to get ride of it?? http://i39.tinypic.com/4ktxn8.png
SidharthaXx

Post by SidharthaXx »

bimsebasse,

Yes Alt + F2 is enabled... I get the prompt... but when I type "r" and hit return I get "command not found"...
gfreeau

Post by gfreeau »

Lumikki wrote:I have small bug. For some reason Mint update managers icon in bottom bar is wrong size. It's like 2 times bigger than any other icon.
At least in Baldr, Loki, Ambiance Mint and Ubuntu theme. Not in default theme. You see it after relogin.
Try editing .panel-status-button in cinnamon.css and add height: 16px. (This is what Minty does). You can change the hpadding sizes in this block to change the spacing of the status icons as well.

Does anyone know how to edit the icon size for other applets like trash, show desktop etc?
kmb42vt
Level 5
Level 5

Post by kmb42vt »

gfreeau wrote:
Lumikki wrote:I have small bug. For some reason Mint update managers icon in bottom bar is wrong size. It's like 2 times bigger than any other icon.
At least in Baldr, Loki, Ambiance Mint and Ubuntu theme. Not in default theme. You see it after relogin.
Try editing .panel-status-button in cinnamon.css and add height: 16px. (This is what Minty does). You can change the hpadding sizes in this block to change the spacing of the status icons as well.
See this:

http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.p ... 00#p543628

I've submitted this as a bug report on Github (cinnamon-themes) and also posted the text on the Cinnamon Themes thread in the forum.

Tried your fix and it works for Ambiance Mint so I'll have try it on the others as well. Many thanks! :D
"Humph. Choice, it is the quintessential Linux delusion, simultaneously the source of it's greatest strength, and it's greatest weakness." (All apologies to The Architect)
kmb42vt
Level 5
Level 5

Post by kmb42vt »

gfreeau wrote:
See this:

http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.p ... 00#p543628

I've submitted this as a bug report on Github (cinnamon-themes) and also posted the text on the Cinnamon Themes thread in the forum.

Tried your fix and it works for Ambiance Mint so I'll have try it on the others as well. Many thanks! :D
"Humph. Choice, it is the quintessential Linux delusion, simultaneously the source of it's greatest strength, and it's greatest weakness." (All apologies to The Architect)
mrsebe2

Post by mrsebe2 »

Alby wrote:hello i updated to cinnamon 1.3 and now i get this menu bar on desktop (see the screenshot) how to get ride of it?? http://i39.tinypic.com/4ktxn8.png
Same problem: http://imgur.com/HRfDv. It's probably related to recent gnome updates not the cinnamon itself. It appeared before cinnamon 1.3 was released when I installed all updates from mintupdate. Does anyone know how to get rid of it? That menu appears in both cinnamon and gnome session.
clem
Level 12
Level 12

Post by clem »

apt remove appmenu-gtk3 appmenu-gtk appmenu-qt
mrsebe2

Post by mrsebe2 »

clem wrote:apt remove appmenu-gtk3 appmenu-gtk appmenu-qt
Thanks. Cinnamon 1.3 is great.
SidharthaXx

Post by SidharthaXx »

Sorry to bang on about this... but Alt + F2 "r" is no longer working on 1.3. as explained earlier in this thread.

Is this a known issues? I'm happy to sit tight until it's fixed if it is... otherwise I'd like to get this fixed.

Any info anyone?
aloysius
Level 1
Level 1

Post by aloysius »

Can you have taller panels now?
Lumikki
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Lumikki »

Yeah, I got it fixed by editing one line.

Thank you all for answers, everyting seem to be working fine now.
Asus P7P55D, i5 750 2.6Ghz, 8GB DDR3, GeForce 750Ti, 80GB Intel SSD, Dell 1600x1200, Dual boot, Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon, Windows 7
kmb42vt
Level 5
Level 5

Post by kmb42vt »

SidharthaXx wrote:Sorry to bang on about this... but Alt + F2 "r" is no longer working on 1.3. as explained earlier in this thread.

Is this a known issues? I'm happy to sit tight until it's fixed if it is... otherwise I'd like to get this fixed.

Any info anyone?
I've tried to duplicate this problem and the only time I get a "Command not found" is if the "r" is capitalized. Otherwise, Alt + F2 "r" works as it's supposed to and restarts Cinnamon. Sorry I couldn't help.
chazdg24

Post by chazdg24 »

Sammaul wrote:You do not need to go into dconf and manually input change...applets and menu icons can be moved by simple gui drag and drop

*edit* maybe not so simple, a little buggy but still can be done
- So far I find it terribly difficult, if not impossible to drag and drop anything in the menu.

- Alt+F2 does not work for me - a solution may have been mentioned previously so I will read the entire thread when time permits.

- Where is the themes file? Once I would show 'hidden files' in my previous install, it was quite easy to install themes.

- Where is the Weather App? I assume I need to download and install?

- The clock in the menu was fine and then it wasn't so I need to reconfigure it manually. Is that some sort of bug?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Return to “Cinnamon”